Ranking high in the search engines is tough, especially in a world where everyone is competing for space and visibility. The trend has been drastically changing, and website visitors today are more influenced by paid adverts that lead them to specific sites. This leads the organisation to find it difficult generating the organic traffic as more money goes in influential campaigns. This nonetheless, is still possible to make organic traffic and while at it convert some of your web visitors to customers.
One advantage of organic traffic is that visitors land on your site ‘naturally’ that is without being influenced. It means they are interested in your services or content. If what they find on your site impresses them enough, no doubt you will be in business. This is much important for the success of any brand and most of the digital marketing companies look forward for dominating organic traffic rather than paid marketing.
Next question will be, How then can you boost organic traffic?
Lets get a small insight into what organic traffic is:
The term “organic traffic” is used for referring to the visitors that land on your website as a result of unpaid (“organic”) search results. Organic traffic is the opposite of paid traffic, which defines the visits generated by paid ads. Visitors who are considered organic find your website after using a search engine like Google or Bing, so they are not “referred” by any other website. The branch of online marketing that focuses directly on improving organic traffic is called SEO – search engine optimization.
In this blog, two such techniques called link reclamation and link roundups:
Link reclamation can be used in two cases:
- You updated your site, add/delete any kind of services and still have links pointing towards them.
- Finding lost and broken backlinks — Use plugins like “CheckMyLinks”
- Fix the broken links – Use a program called Xenu Link Sleuth.
- Step 1: Download
- Step 2: Conform deadlinks
- Step 3: Run report which gives details about how to fix the urls.
- Most probably you may be asked to either create a new page, redirect to the new page, fix errors in urls.
- finding opportunities online where a blog or site mentions your brand but doesn’t link back to your site.
- Identify a blog or site that mentioned your brand but doesn’t link back to your site.
- Reach out to them through a friendly e-mail asking them to link to your site.
- Since they have already mentioned your brand, which implies that they are interested in your work, you have high chances of getting a backlink.
Tracking your link reclamation progress — With Monitor Backlinks, you’ll be notified when you score a new backlink from your outreach strategy. Whether you’re working with broken links or unbranded mentions, Monitor Backlinks will help you see the results. Sometimes a webmaster makes a promise to add your link, but forgets to follow through. If that’s the case, you can follow up.
Making sure you never lose another backlink. — You’ll be notified of any changes to your backlink profile as they happen. If another backlinks breaks or is lost, you can take action right away.
Benefits of link reclamation:
It’s something you can start right away without assets
It’s a low risk/low investment form of link building
Nearly all brands have unlinked mentions, but big brands tend to have the most and therefore see the biggest routine returns
Most of the time, link roundups are weekly or monthly summaries of top links that sites share. We have one of our own called ‘5 Marketing Bullets’ where I share 5 marketing pieces that I found interesting for the week.
They’re simple to do and chances are, blogs in your niche are doing something similar. In this post, we’ll show you how to go about finding link roundup opportunities so you can build relationships with other blogs and acquire more links to bolster your SEO efforts.
1) First, use this simple search string:
keyword + “link roundup”
2) Next, visit a page in the search results that’s relevant to your site.
3) Submit your content.
Link roundups are one of the best ways to start relationships with other blogs while acquiring strong links at the same time.
This post was created with our nice and easy submission form. Create your post!